Saturday, December 6, 2025

CWFEN, LEGENDS, EDINBURGH, DECEMBER 5 2025

Rising stars of the occult doomgaze scene, back in Edinburgh. First of two LEGENDS gigs this weekend, and it's the biggest crowd I've seen in here for ages. 


Line-up:
THE RHUBARB: Oddly named psychedelic blues/doom combo. This is the third time I've seen The Rhubarb, but the first that could be considered a total success. First time, they were down a member, second time the bass player broke a string during their first song and had to muddle through the set with just three. Not ideal. Tonight they're on top form. Hefty as a very hefty thing, with a singer lady whose voice could be used to level tall buildings. And Hagrid on Guitar, apparently.







VIDEO:   https://youtu.be/qDSltXBHm1Y  https://www.facebook.com/TheRhubarbband
GOUT: My favourite Glasgow sludge band, on blistering form. They seen unusually cheerful tonight. even giving us a few words of 'banter', And we get what appears to be a NEW SONG. Which is nice. I was going to buy a patch from them, but they'd buggered off before I could get to their table.




VIDEO:  https://youtu.be/mTIPl9RUj3c  https://www.instagram.com/__gout/?hl=en
CWFEN: Future 'Legends of Doomgaze' back in Edinburgh. During which they unveil a couple of NEW SONGS, one of which features in the video below. Which you should watch, because it's dead good. As was the rest of their set.








VIDEO:   https://youtu.be/q9mbKp2NXHs   https://www.facebook.com/Cwfenband

No comments:

Post a Comment

COGAS, BANNERMAN'S. EDINBURGH, OCTOBER 23 2026

Back to Black(Metal) If it achieves nothing else, this gig serves to remind me just how ridiculous black metal really is. Immense fun, of co...